FORM A 6 PERSON RELAY TEAM
Date: Saturday, September 2, 2017
Start/finish location: Winnequah Park - Monona, WI
Start Time: 7:30 A.M.
(simultaneous start with the marathon)
Do you want to participate in The Rockin' Chocolate Marathon but prefer a shorter distance? Recruit your team of six runners and make it a team effort. It's fun and easy! We shuttle you to your transition area and then back to the finish area once you are done running. There will be a Team Meet-Up Area 1 block before the Finish Line for those wishing to cross the Finish Line as a team. Every team member will receive an official (tech) race shirt, pre-race snacks, post-race snacks, a goodie bag full of great stuff, a free beer or soda and an awesome finisher medal.
1st Leg - From Winnequah Park To Olin Park - 4.3 Miles
2nd Leg - From Olin Park To Olbrich Park - 5 Miles
3rd Leg - From Olbrich Park To Winnequah Park - 3.8 Miles
4th Leg - From Winnequah Park To Olin Park - 4.3 Miles
5th Leg - From Olin Park To Olbrich Park - 5 Miles
Last Leg - From Olbrich Park To Winnequah Park - 3.8 Miles
Relay Bus Schedule, Click Here
Six Person Full Marathon Relay
- Team Captain of your relay or designated person may pick-up the team packet, which includes your matching bib numbers, slap bracelet, safety pins, T-shirts, timing chip and other goodies.
- Bib Numbers will be worn on the front.
- Chip / Slap Bracelet - All teams will be given one computer chip and 1 slap bracelet. The first person will start the race with the slap bracelet on their wrist. Relay participants will hand off the slap bracelet - this is your baton. The last person will cross the finish line with a chip on their bib and the slap bracelet on their wrist or the team will be disqualified.
- Exchange Areas are well marked. Please look for your exchange areas when approaching the transition locations. Please try to be courteous to faster participants. It is often advisable for teams to wear bright matching shirts, hats, shorts, etc. If you plan to exchange clothes, have that prearranged with your team members. We are not responsible for lost or stolen items. Each relay exchange area will include refreshments and port-a-potties.
- Bus Transportation to the exchange locations will be staged at Winnequah Park along Healy Lane. Winnequah Park is where the start and finish line is located. The Buses will be identified by exchange locations. Your bib number is your bus ticket. Once you have completed your leg, a bus will take you back to the finish area.
- Team Meet-Up Area is 1 block before the Finish Line for those wishing to cross the Finish Line as a team.
The 6 Person Marathon Relay Has 3 Divisions. Choose the Appropriate One For Your Team:
Open Male (All 6 are Males)
Open Female (All 6 are Females)
Open Mixed (Any gender combination).
$210.00 registration - 8/13 at 12:00 AM through 8/23 at 11:59 PM
$240.00 walk-up registration - 9/1 & 9/2