HALF MARATHON TEAM RELAY
Date: Saturday, September 1, 2018
Start/finish location: Winnequah Park - Monona, WI
Start Time: 8:00 A.M. (NEW START TIME)
Do you want to participate in The Rockin' Chocolate Marathon but prefer a shorter distance? Recruit your team of three runners and make it a team effort. It's fun and easy! We shuttle you to your transition area and then back to the finish area once you are done running. There will be a Team Meet-Up Area 1 block before the Finish Line for those wishing to cross the Finish Line as a team. Every team member will receive an official (tech) race shirt, pre-race snacks, post-race snacks, a goodie bag full of great stuff, a free beer or soda and an awesome finisher medal.
1st Leg - From Winnequah Park To Olin Park - 4.3 Miles
2nd Leg - From Olin Park To Olbrich Park - 5 Miles
Last Leg - From Olbrich Park To Winnequah Park - 3.8 Miles
Each team will receive a packet with a bib for each team member. All team members will have the same number so you can identify each other. One bib will have a timing chip attached, this bib must be worn by the person running the last leg of the relay. The first runner will start with a slap bracelet on his/her wrist, this is your "baton". The baton must be exchanged at each relay point and must be worn by the last runner as they cross the finish line.
Three Person Half Marathon Relay
- Team Captain of your relay or designated person may pick-up the team packet, which includes your bib numbers, relay bibs, slap bracelet, pins, T-shirts, and timing chip.
- Bib Numbers will be worn on the front. The bib reading "Relay" must be worn on the back of every relay member.
- Chip / Slap Bracelet - All teams will be given one computer chip and slap bracelet. The first person will start the race with the slap bracelet on their wrist. Relay participants will hand off the slap bracelet - this is your baton. The last person will cross the finish line with a chip on their bib and the slap bracelet on their wrist.
- Exchange Areas are well marked. Please look for your exchange areas when approaching the transition locations. Please try to be courteous to faster participants. It is often advisable for teams to wear bright matching shirts, hats, shorts, etc. If you plan to exchange clothes, have that prearranged with your team members. We are not responsible for lost or stolen items. Each relay exchange area will include refreshments, port-a-potties, and live music for your enjoyment.
- Team Meet-Up Area is 1 block before the Finish Line for those wishing to cross the Finish Line as a team.
The 3 Person Half Marathon Relay Has 3 Divisions. Choose the Appropriate One For Your Team:
Open Male (All 3 are Males)
Open Female (All 3 are Females)
Open Mixed (Any gender combination).